Characteristics of Freeoneer-Managed Account Programs
- Programs available in EUR and USD base currency
- Minimum investment of 5,000 USD
- No minimum investment period applies, but we suggest a period of at least 12 months
- You have online access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- You may withdraw your profit or your initial investment at any time
- You place your funds in your own name with a clearing broker
- Neither Freeoneer or the fund manager handles your funds
Suite 13197, 2nd Floor
145-157 St John Street
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8144 8145
Fax: +44 (0) 20 3318 9030
FX as an Asset Class
Currency markets in many ways represent an ideal asset class for investors. Not only are they a useful diversifier due to their potentially uncorrelated returns, they are also remarkably efficient due to their high levels of liquidity, and 24-hour nature. As a result transaction costs are not prohibitive, and allow high frequency trading, especially in the major currency pairs. The currency market is the largest, deepest, and highest volume market in the world.
The global nature of these markets means that the return of currency managers should have a low correlation to other asset classes. This has been conclusively studied by several major banks. It has also been found that investing with currency managers may prove to be beneficial for the typical investment portfolio especially in times of stress when the returns on most other asset classes tend to be highly correlated to each other.
The foreign exchange market is unique because of:
- Large trading volumes
- High-levels of liquidity
- Large number and variety of traders in the market
- Geographical dispersion
- 24-hour trading allowances
- Considerable leveraging capabilities
Freeoneer offers a unique trading approach through it’s Managed Account Programs. They have been designed to specifically cater to a client's risk/ reward expectations. This approach adopts many of the disciplines utilised by the proprietary trading desk of many global banks – discretion in its approach; it is short term, transparent and flexible.